Saturday 27 September 2008

Don Castro 1975*


What is there not to love about this photo? Don Castro on one of the most bad-tempered flat trackers of all time, the 750 H2, and he's looking like one of the MC5. His boots are lace-ups, keep em nice an' tight. He's wearing his old Yam leathers. In the background is some Dodge Hauler. My wife's got a pink ringer T-shirt just like Don's. And look at the fella taking a drink of Tab from his cup. White jeans and a windcheater - a great look. I could look at this photo all day.

Just for people new to blogs, if you click a label at the bottom, like Don's name. It'll take you to all Sideburn's other posts relating to Don. Apologies for teaching any grandmothers to suck eggs.

* We think

This was taken from http://instanttractiondeluxe.blogspot.com.
We don't know where he got it from.

3 comments:

Diedre Greenshields said...

Hey that's me on the left in the OshKosh B'Gosh dungarees!
(later made famous by Jesse Duke).
I did Don's hair, & some of the other racers too.
His favorite was a scalp massage with Mizani oil.

I've never told a soul until today, but I secretly kept
a lock of each riders hair in a silver keepsafe.

Sideburn Magazine said...

Diedre
You are an enigma. And a welcome edition to the Sideburn blog. Don't leave us. Ever. Have you ever seen 'Play Misty For Me'?

Diedre Greenshields said...

You Dave, me Evelyn? I think not.