Friday 5 June 2009

Deadbeats miss The Dead Rocks



So there I was ready for a night out with a bunch of mates, watching a band that came all the way from Brazil to play in a tiny underground bar in a one-horse town in Lincolnshire, then the excuses start. It looks like I'm going to end up riding 20 miles to see a band on my own. Well, so be it. In the end Chippy (dirt track racer, desert racer, ace photographer) turned up too (in a Sideburn shirt). Some people live life, others sit in and watch it on TV. Make sure you're in the former group, not the latter.
The Dead Rocks were brilliant. I even had a one-song wig-out on the floor, all alone.

And if you like surf music (and garage punk, blues, northern soul), download this week's NEW Killer Diller from Johnny Alpha. Yes, this week's, not the one posted lasted week. GI

3 comments:

Austin said...

excuses? i was in a sweaty rehearsal room creating life changing garage rock filth for the next Hip Priests album, damn it's gonna be a good un!

Sideburn Magazine said...

I didn't mean you Austin. THEY know who I meant. Anyway, I had fun, so c'est la vie. GI

Guy@GK said...

Looks like the St Moritz in Soho.

Sounds like my kinda night out.