Monday 1 March 2010

Valve help needed



This is the exhaust valve out of my Wood Rotax. It's not a Rotax valve. I spoke to Elliot at Wood Racing in California and he thought it was Kawasaki Z1000, but we're sure it isn't now.
I need new collets for it and can't order them till I know what the valve is. Here's what I know.

It's a 37mm valve
The stem is 7mm in diameter
It is near enough 94mm overall inlength
It has one groove in the stem, not three like a Rotax valve.

Wood thought the head was done by Harry Lily (Lilley, Lilly?) and that the bike used to belong to Tony Souza in California.

Can anyone help with info or contacts for Harry or Tony, please? GI

2 comments:

Nick said...

Gary, try G and S valves Godalming, Surrey, if they cant help they may be able to point you in the right direction

#15 said...

it might not be a Z100 valve but the collars are likely to fit