Tuesday 7 December 2010

Twin Carb Jason-style

From the twin-ring circus of Jason's mind...

Did you seen last month's Classic Bike magazine? You should. There’s a story about Allen Millyard. What a genius. He takes two engines, chops them up and builds just one engine, but with five cylinders! Or eight or even twelve, wow. Just incredible. And they look great too. So inspirational to someone as easily influenced as I am. I had to have a go.
Having a rumage round my garage leads me to my Triumph Bonneville. And a leaf blower. Hmmm... The Triumph has two cylinders whilst the blower has just one. A triple engine Triumph. Now that would be special, truly unique. But I’m not stupid, I know I need to aim lower to start with. Get some practice in first.
So how about the single cylinder BSA B50 sat in the corner? Could I make it into a twin carb model?
Oh yes indeed......
If it was capable of 80mph before the twinning, I should estaimate that 160mph be feasable now. As an avid envirnmentalist I could add wind power too, with the leaf blower pointing out of the back. Or perhaps it would be better to use it as a supercharger on the carbs? I guess either way it’s, Hello 200mph club.
Jason

4 comments:

Nick said...

YES, YES, do the lot

Caterpillarnut said...

Put 3 carbs on.

Paul said...

Definitely good for 200mph!

747 said...

Jason, can i send you my race motor, i think your on to something.